Investment Manager, Atlante Ventures
Co-founder Creonomy, Co-founder The Hub Milan
Director, Ca’ Foscari Digital Week
Vice President, IAB Italia
VP Social Platform VerticalResponse
Co-Founder/CEO, CircleMe (Cascaad)
Carlo D’Asaro Biondo
President, EMEA Operations, Google
Director of Platform Partnerships, EMEA, Facebook
General Manager, Gilt Taste at Gilt Groupe
Owner, Bird Brooklyn
CEO, Yahoo! Italy
Ugo Parodi Giusino
Senior Advisor for Innovation in the Office of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Co-founder/Art Director, Stereomood
Content Curation Guide for SEO – What, How, Why
What is content curation? Content Curation is the online expression of something, which is in the same nature of human beings: the need to collect and catalogue only the most interesting things about a subject so to share it for the common benefit.
This is especially needed in the Internet era. And, as Rohit Barghava wrote in the Content Curation Manifesto, Content Curators will bring more utility and order to the social web. In doing so, they will help to add a voice and point of view to organizations and companies that can connect them with customers – creating an entirely new dialogue based on valued content rather than just brand created marketing messages.
Actually five kind of Content Curation types are classified:
- Aggregation, which consists in curating the most relevant content about a topic into one single location. This is the most common way of curating content, and it is at the base of the majority of the content curation services actually present online;
- Distillation, which purpose is to distill the overall noise about a topic to its most important and relevant concept. The best cases of social content curation can be catalogued into this definition;
- Elevation, when curators draft a more general trend or insight from a mass of daily musings;
- Mashups, or to merge different content about a topic creating a new original point of view of the same;
- Chronology, which could be defined as historiographical content curation. Usually it consists in presenting a timeline of curated information to show the evolution of a particular topic.
Read the full article on Seo Moz Blog.